Hello guest, Login here »
This messaging is appearing because you are accessing this site for the first time... The Parent World website uses cookies to function correctly. Cookies are small bits of information that are stored on your computer when our site is accessed. Your use of this site means you accept our cookies policy. For more information on our cookies policy, please click here. This message is displayed as part of the EU Cookie Law/e-Privacy Directive.

Thinking of leaving my partner but what am I entitled to?

Me and my partner aren't getting on very well at all any more, so for the sake of our kids I think maybe I should leave. But I don't know what my entitlements are, I've been with my partner for 12 years so it's a massive step and one I've been thinking about for over a year. I looked around at rented houses and they're so expensive, I'd need at least a three bed house for my 3 kids aged between 7 - 12, and in our area they're around £1500 a month. I don't have any savings for the deposit and I only earn £800 a month which I use for food shopping and extra bits and pieces whilst my partner pays the rent and bills. I know it seems crazy to leave with my poor finances but I'm so unhappy and I know he is too. 
If anyone can give me some advice it would really help.



finances food bed

  • KEY:

  •  Tells the contributor you like their thread
  •  Bookmark the thread for easy look-up later
  •  Follow member
  •  Edit thread (if thread is still editable)
  •  Report the thread
  •  Remove thread (if thread is still editable)